Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More worksheets

That's how long Sayer sat doing 'homework' worksheets yesterday.

Remember my post where I told you I'd made several hundred copies of worksheets? I hole-punched them all and put them in a big binder and brought them along on out big trip. Wednesday she decided she wanted to do some of them. We were visiting folks whose house is full of knick knacks that are not to be played with, and she was a bit bored. So I pulled out the binder and gave her a crayon and told her what each page wanted her to do and she did it. Dot-to-dots, sequencing pictures in a story, finding words with the same beginning or ending sounds as sample pictures ... She did about 10 pages in all before we got ready to leave.

Then yesterday when Duncan fell asleep for his nap I brought the binder and her pad of drawing paper and crayons out. I asked if she wanted to do a couple pages of homework before drawing and coloring. She said sure.

An hour and 20 minutes or so later Duncan woke up. Sayer kept doing 'homework.' We moved downstairs so we could sit at the table and be more comfortable. Another hour and a half passed. And then at least another half hour ... My sister came home. Sayer kept going. Duncan said he wanted to go outside. Sayer said she did, too, but she did at least another 5 pages before actually deciding to *go* outside.

It was just insane! She spent at least 3.5 hours sitting with worksheets and plowing through them. And tonight she complained that she didn't get to do any homework and when I suggested she could do it tomorrow she asked 'in the morning?' all eager and excited.

What a nut case :)

Here's hoping I copied enough darn pages to hold her until we get back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment