Thursday, December 27, 2007

No more 'lil pillar'

For more than a week Duncan kept referring to himself as 'Lil' pillar.' He generally saved that reference for the time when he was feeling most pathetic. Like when he was stuck in his carseat and begging 'hold me, hold me, need mommy ... hold lil pillar!' Or when I was cooking and couldn't pick him up right then and he felt dejected and affected a sad posture bemoaning the sadness of lil pillar ...

Yesterday Mark got Duncan out of the bath tub and wrapped him up in the bath towel and put him on the bed while he got a diaper ready. While he was getting things together he was chatting away to Duncan, telling him that his towel was like a chrysalis and when he 'hatched' out of it he would be a butterfly.

So now my lil pillar is a lil buhfly. If I call him lil pillar he corrects me. He is lil buhfly.

I miss my lil pillar. But I do love my lil buhfly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment